Thursday, September 29, 2005

TEXAS THANK YOU, ITS THAT BIG

Just wanted to thank all of the people in London and the UK who supported my poetry. In no particular order...

Tim Wells who was the first to publish me in his fab fan 'zine Rising. Also Tim booked me for gigs and hooked me up with people who were very helpful. Tim is also a damn fine poet himself.

Nathan Penlington and John Bush of Shortfuse. Thank you both for all of the gigs, for two years at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, for allowing me to be Nathan's Jerry Springer mama and to John for all of the supportive telephone calls. Nathan is going from strength to strength as a poet n' how cool was it that he did a solo show at Edinburgh this summer! Thanks also to David Bush for all the cool music at Shortfuse.

Paul Lyalls of express excess. It took me an entire year of wooing, pestering and asking others to put in a good word for me before he booked me the first time but we never looked back after that. Thanks for all of the gigs and for putting me on with other people who ran poetry nights so I could get more gigs. Thanks most of all for stepping up to the plate n' hittin' a homerun when I really needed cheerin' up. I'll never forget your charismatic performances n' your upstanding hair!

Rob Gee who booked me into venues in the North and who cooked me magnificent meals, provided me with serious smoke n' gave me a bed when I was up there doin' the gigs.

Mike and Christian at Ape Magazine for publishing my poetry and for the great magazine launch parties.

Polly formerly of the 291 Gallery and Edwina Orr, who is the 291 Gallery, for gigs at a great venue. Cabaret nights were fabulous and I met some truly individual and talented people there.

Lily and Phoebe for asking me to do the Wild Women benefit for International Women's Day. It was one of the most professional shows I've been involved with and was great fun.

Johny Brown of Resonance fm for booking me on his show Mining for Gold where I met the fantastic Foul Geese and from which lots of other gigs ensued.

Foul Geese for playing the Corsica Studios gig with me and for including me on their CD. Wish we could have done more together but then I left didn't I?

Andy Ching of Donut Press for teaching me to edit my poetry and mostly for patiently listening to me moan about all of my work being crap and convincing me that it wasn't.

Tracy Maylath for constantly naggin' me to write, write, write. It wasn't really naggin' and I really needed it babe.

Sarah Ashton for coming to every gig when she lived in London, meeting me for dinner before and being my drink minder so I wouldn't hit the stage totally pissed.

The Pussy Posse; Alice, Buffy, Clare, Jen n' Sarah for comin' to as many gigs as they could n' always makin' me laugh at the trials and tribulations of being young women. Y'all know I wasn't laughin' at you, just enjoyin' the fact that I was so over all of that.

Michael Mountjoy for doin' all the hard work on my website. T'anks a t'ousand darlin'.

If I've left anyone out, I'm sorry but you know I'm gettin' on a bit n' my memory ain't what it used to be but I'm still sendin' you a huge thank you.

1 comment:

Alice said...

You're most definitely welcome!